Re: pci passthrough issue introduced between 4.14.1 and 4.15.0

On 04.06.21 08:56, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 03.06.2021 18:01, AL13N wrote:
Jan Beulich schreef op 2021-06-01 16:53:
On 01.06.2021 16:44, AL13N wrote:
This mailing list is the correct place for the toolstack too? right?

Yes.

So, what's the plan to fix this? is the plan to fix the toolstack? or
put your patch in kernel to kinda workaround it?

The patch has already been put in the kernel, as said. It would be good
to know whether it actually has helped your case as well.

Is there a way to make a regression test or unit test or something?

Would be nice, but may be a little difficult to arrange for in, say,
osstest.

Does anyone have an idea on what patch would cause the regression?

Not me, but I'm also not a tool stack maintainer (nor expert in any
way).

There has been a large series by Paul Durrant [1] making heavy
modifications in this area.

Juergen

[1]: https://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2020-11/msg01680.html