Re: ACPI/UEFI support for Xen/ARM status?

Hi Elliott,

On Fri, 12 Nov 2021 at 21:15, Elliott Mitchell <ehem+xen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I had been left with the impression the DSDT parsing was going to be
> > > needed for Domain 0 to access the framebuffer.  This was found
> > > unnecessary for framebuffer access for Domain 0?
> >
> > I thought you were asking for using framebuffer in Xen. There is no need
> > for Xen to parse the DSDT if the framebuffer is solely used by Dom0.
> >
> > Your problem with the framebuffer is likely not related to the DSDT. But
> > I can't really provide a lot of input until I see the logs.
>
> https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2020-10/msg01841.html
>
> That is more or less a statement of handling of DSDT is the Right(tm)
> solution for Domain 0 to have framebuffer on such a platform.

Reading through the thread, I agree this is the correct theoretical thing to do.
However, as already pointed out back then, the effort seems quite big for the
benefit of a single board (AFAIK none of the other SoC we support
requires this).

My preference is to introduce a per-platform quirk (I believe Stefano was happy
with this). The advantage is we could get ACPI support for your board hopefully
merged quicker.

I would be happy to review any patches you send.

Cheers,