Re: xen cache colors in ARM

Hello Stefano,

Thanks for the clarification.
My company uses yocto for image generation.
What kind of information do you need to consult me in this case ?

Maybe modules sizes/addresses which were mentioned by @Julien Grall ?

Regards,
Oleg

вт, 18 апр. 2023 г. в 20:44, Stefano Stabellini <sstabellini@xxxxxxxxxx>:
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023, Oleg Nikitenko wrote:
> Hi Julien,
>
> >> This feature has not been merged in Xen upstream yet
>
> > would assume that upstream + the series on the ML [1] work
>
> Please clarify this point.
> Because the two thoughts are controversial.

Hi Oleg,

As Julien wrote, there is nothing controversial. As you are aware,
Xilinx maintains a separate Xen tree specific for Xilinx here:
https://github.com/xilinx/xen

and the branch you are using (xlnx_rebase_4.16) comes from there.

Instead, the upstream Xen tree lives here:
https://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=summary

The Cache Coloring feature that you are trying to configure is present
in xlnx_rebase_4.16, but not yet present upstream (there is an
outstanding patch series to add cache coloring to Xen upstream but it
hasn't been merged yet.)

Anyway, if you are using xlnx_rebase_4.16 it doesn't matter too much for
you as you already have Cache Coloring as a feature there.

I take you are using ImageBuilder to generate the boot configuration? If
so, please post the ImageBuilder config file that you are using.

But from the boot message, it looks like the colors configuration for
Dom0 is incorrect.