Community Guidelines

Hi all,

I hope everyone is well.

First and foremost, I want to express my appreciation for the dedication and hard work everyone has put into this project. It is evident that you have the best interests of the community at heart, and your contributions are invaluable.

It is natural for disagreements to arise in collaborative environments, especially within the context of open-source projects where diversity of opinion is a strength. It is important that we approach these situations with a mindset of finding common ground and moving forward for the betterment of the project.

In situations like this, it is helpful to be reminded that decisions should:
  1. Focus on the Project's Goals: Remind ourselves of the overarching goals and vision of the project. What will best serve the community, maintain the integrity of the codebase, and align with the project's objectives?
  2. Seek Compromise: Explore potential areas of compromise or alternative solutions that may address the concerns raised by both parties. This may involve finding a middle ground or suggesting modifications to the patch.
It is crucial that all members maintain a high level of respect, professionalism, and courtesy towards one another. Disagreements are natural, and they should be seen as opportunities for growth rather than sources of conflict.

As a community, we also have rules in place to ensure effective collaboration and a fair way of operating within the project. As such, please be advised that if an individual continues to operate by breaking rules, warnings will be given and consequences will be followed.
I do hope that it will never come to such a stage, but my role is to ensure actions are accountable and that each decision made is in the best interest of the project and community members.

Following on from the above, I will be working with you all on an updated process to ensure any future potential conflicts are handled fairly.

Again, thank you for your continued dedication to this project.
Should you have any concerns, please message me directly.

Kelly
Open Source Community Manager, XenServer
Cloud Software Group