Re: SAF-x-safe rename

On Mon, 16 Oct 2023, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> Please everyone fill in your preference here in advance of tomorrow's
> MISRA C meeting so we can discuss the results live:
> https://cryptpad.fr/form/#/2/form/view/kwflzAkvxhxF5U5Kv9O6QiQ5LEuCmHZlJhnNda7jk2g/

The results are ready. The following people voted:

Jan, Roger, Julien, Bertrand, Stefano, Andrew, and two anonymous guests.

These are the full results:
https://cryptpad.fr/sheet/#/2/sheet/view/xH3R+TopTAsyixnHU32DEKd5IpEIS7ZvnpBacMI1HcQ/

Accounting the two anonymous votes, there is a majority of 5/8 votes in
favor of keeping SAF as is.

Not accounting the two anonymous votes, there is a tie between the
people favoring to keep SAF as is and the ones that would like to change
it. However, the winner of the election is still "keep as is" according
to Cryptpad's Schulze condorcet method.

In conclusion, especially considering that the anonymous votes are
likely valuable members of the community, the winner is to keep "SAF" as
is.

Cheers,

Stefano

PS
If you are curious, the second best is "FUSA" accounting anonymous
votes, and it is "SAFE" not accounting anonymous votes.

PPS
I manually created a copy of the form without the anonymous votes to
check what would happen if we took them out of the equation