Re: Possible bug? DOM-U network stopped working after fatal error reported in DOM0

  • To: "G.R." <firemeteor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 12:13:04 +0100
  • Cc: Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Leiber <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 11:14:12 +0000

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I want to confirm that the patch in an official release would make quite
>>> some people very happy. E.g. among OPNsense users, there are some who
>>> suffer from the network issue [1]. FWIW, I compiled a kernel including
>>> Roger's patch, and it seems to be working without trouble in my OPNsense
>>> DomU.
>>
>> Hello to both,
>>
>> Sorry, I completely dropped the ball on that patch, didn't even
>> remember I had it pending :(.
>>
>> Will do a build test with it and commit later today, I don't think I
>> will get any feedback, and it seems to improve the situation for your
>> use-cases.
>
> Hi Roger,
> Just another query of the latest status. It'll be great if you can
> share a link to the upstream commit.
> I'm thinking of asking for a back-port of your fix to the FreeNAS
> community, assuming it will take a long time to roll out otherwise.
>
> Thanks,
> G.R.
>

>> Thanks, Roger.

Hi everyone!

So did anything ever happen on this?  I find myself in the same situation with
TrueNAS core 13, and can’t see any signs of changes in the FreeBSD 13 branches.

G.R: Did you ever build a kernel for TrueNAS 13?  Care to share it?  I don’t
have a build environment setup, so I thought I’d just try to ask :-)

/Niklas