Re: ACPI VFCT table too short on PVH dom0 (was: Re: E820 memory allocation issue on Threadripper platforms)

On Tue, Jan 23, 2024 at 08:27:18PM -0500, Patrick Plenefisch wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 20, 2024 at 8:33 PM Patrick Plenefisch <simonpatp@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

> > On Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 6:06 AM Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:

> >> Wow, you have certainly gone out of the beaten path here.
> >>

> > Yeah, I wasn't expecting this many issues for being an early adopter of
> > Threaderipper 7000!

> >> boot
> >> working
> >> ran
> >> 1.67.
> >> monitor
> >> appears
> >> the
> >> Once
> >> Also,
> >>
> >> OK, that's good, so that would be UEFI -> grub -> Xen -> Linux PVH?
> >>

> > Correct. Inserting grub into the chain "fixes" the acpi tables and things
> > work correctly.
> >

> Ok, I am not sure what I did the other day to get it to work, but I can't
> replicate *any* PVH success today. One driver (radeon or amdgpu) always
> complains the VFCT table is wrong, and leads to the symptoms previously
> reported.

Are you sure you are using Xen 4.18?  Some of the Xen logs you
provided did use Xen 4.17, which doesn't have the VFCT fix.

Can you please provide the `xl dmesg` for the non-working case when
using grub2?

Thanks, Roger.