[ANNOUNCE] Join us for free virtually at Xen Summit 2024!

Hello Xen Community,

Join us virtually at Xen Summit (4-6th June), for free using Jitsi

We want to encourage as many of you to participate in the Xen Summit as possible. Just because you are not physically attending, doesn't mean you can't get involved.
(Please note, there will be no professional AV or audio equipment, and it is a community effort to enable others to get involved.)

On the day, please find the schedule of talks listed here.

Instructions:
  • Our team will help host the main presentation talk sessions using Jitsi
  • Either myself or one attendee volunteer will help host each design session using Jitsi
  • Ensure you are using the Lisbon timezone
  • All keynotes and session presentation talks will be streamed using:
  • Two design sessions will happen simultaneously (from Wednesday, June 5th @ 13:45).
    Please look out on the schedule for the time and whether the session you'd like to attend is:
  • Thursday design sessions will be finalized on the schedule by the end of day on Wednesday
  • The same links will be used throughout talks and sessions
  • (Optional) Join our Xen Summit matrix channel for updates on the day: https://matrix.to/#/#xen-project-summit:matrix.org
Some ground rules to follow:
  • Enter your full name on Jitsi so everyone knows who you are
  • Please mute yourself upon joining
  • Turning on cameras is optional, but we encourage doing this for design sessions
  • Do not shout out your questions during session presentations, instead ask these on the chat function and we will do our best to ask on behalf of you
  • During design sessions, we encourage you to unmute and participate freely
  • If multiple people wish to speak, please use the 'raise hand' function on Jitsi or chat
  • Should there be a need, moderators will have permission to remove anyone who is disruptive in sessions on Jitsi
  • If you face issues on the day, please let us know via Matrix - we will do our best to help, but please note this is a community effort
Jitsi links:

Session presentation link:

https://meet.jit.si/XenSummit24Main

Design Session A (Liberdade Room) link: https://meet.jit.si/XenDesignSessionsA

Design Session B (Augusta Room) link: https://meet.jit.si/XenDesignSessionsB

See meeting dial-in numbers: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=XenSummit24Main

If also dialing-in through a room phone, join without connecting to audio: https://meet.jit.si/XenSummit24Main#config.startSilent=true

See meeting dial-in numbers: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=XenDesignSessionsA

If also dialing-in through a room phone, join without connecting to audio: https://meet.jit.si/XenDesignSessionsA#config.startSilent=true

See meeting dial-in numbers: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=XenDesignSessionsB

If also dialing-in through a room phone, join without connecting to audio: https://meet.jit.si/XenDesignSessionsB#config.startSilent=true

Schedule Example:

Tuesday 4th & Wednesday 5th June 2024

(Lisbon timezone)

Schedule Example: Wednesday 5th & Thursday 6th June 2024

(Lisbon timezone)

Schedule Example:  Wednesday 5th & Thursday 6th June 2024

(Lisbon timezone)

09:00

Welcome & Opening Remarks - Kelly Choi, Community Manager, Cloud Software Group, XenServer

LIBERDADE I

09:10

Xen Project 2024 Weather Report - Kelly Choi, XenServer, Cloud Software Group.

LIBERDADE I

13:45

The future of Xen Project physical events

LIBERDADE I

14:35

IOMMU paravirtualization and Xen IOMMU subsystem rework

LIBERDADE I

13:45

Downstream working group

AUGUSTA I

14:35

Xen Safety Requirements upstreaming

AUGUSTA I

How to filter the schedule:

We look forward to seeing you there, both virtually and physically!

Many thanks,
Kelly Choi

Community Manager
Xen Project