Re: [Xen-users] Xen and ways to install

Mark Williamson wrote:

The whole procedure is in the handbook at http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml - you should be able to do it from dom0. You can probably skip the kernel configuration stage if you're just going to boot it using a domU.
I actually use Gentoo's genkernel command to automatically build a Xen kernel and initrd. It works quite well. All it takes is xenifying the default genkernel config.

Regards,
Anthony Liguori

Cheers,
Mark

But how can Net- and FreeBSD be installed (on a
Linux-based dom-0)? Since I've downloaded the Demo-CD,
I've seen, that it's possible.

I guess, that the *BSD-images, which are included on the
Demo-Cd, can be used for "normal" installations as well,
right (although on the Demo-CD these are cow-volumes)?

by
Töns