Re: [Xen-users] Network problem

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Gino LV. Ledesma" <gledesma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:04:54 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:04:43 +0000

On 4/21/05, Nivedita Singhvi <niv@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Gino LV. Ledesma wrote:
>
> > I've managed to get the host and guest OSs talk to each other. I
> > needed to have one of them ping the other for a couple of seconds (is
> > this an ARP learning issue?). Now the next part, which is getting the
>
> Hmm, there is a race window where the bridge doesn't get setup
> because the interface transfer doesn't happen in time, but that
> is not what you are seeing here. If the bridge seems to be up,
> they should ping themselves right away, the dom1->dom0 path is
> mostly fake.
>
> I'd be interested in finding out if that is a persistent problem..

Sorry... This was a fluke on my part. I was running Xen within VMware,
and apparently, vmnet only bridges the guest OS's interface to the
host's interface. After installing Xen on another dedicated machine
(without LVM -- which was why I didn't install it on my box earlier),
everything worked out great out of the box.

Thanks for the support.

gino