Re: FW: [Xen-users] Problem with Dell Poweredge 1850

  • To: Rob See <rob@xxxxxxxx>
  • From: David H <davidh.davidh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 12:20:19 -0700
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 10 May 2005 19:20:01 +0000

It will make your shiny new dual proc hyperthreaded system look like a
single CPU non-ht machine to xen.  Other than that it's no problem. :)

>From the user manual:
ignorebiostables
    Disable parsing of BIOS-supplied tables. This may help with some
chipsets that aren't fully supported by Xen. If you specify this
option then ACPI tables are also ignored, and SMP support is disabled.

I am having more luck compiling from the latest unstable tarball.  I
will let you know how my testing goes.

David