Re: FW: [Xen-users] Problem with Dell Poweredge 1850

All,

This seems to have fixed the problem. I didn't get the usual lockup running either command that guaranteed me a hang in the past. Are there any side effects to the ignorebiostables option that I need to be aware of. Will there be a proper patch to address this issue ?

Thanks,
-Rob

David Harms wrote:
I think I may be seeing the same problem on a set of supermicro server
based on the same Intel E7520 "Lindenhurst" chipset as the 1850.  I
can run xen-2.0.3 from the Jan 24th tarball using kernel 2.6.10 on
these systems without any problem but if I use the latest 2.0.5,
testing or unstable tarballs with 2.6.11 the server hangs under IO
load. It often happens when I tar/untar, cp, or mkfs.
booting xen with "ignorebiostables" seems to solve the problem.

I am running Redhat EL 3 & 4.
I don't know if it's relevant but it looks like there was a patch
added in 2.6.10/2.6.11 specifically for this chipset. "Disable SW
irqbalance/irqaffinity for E7520/E7320/E7525"
David