[Xen-users] My .config gets ignored even after I copy into the xen0 kernel tree

I downloaded the xen testing source, ran "make xen" and "make tools"

I copied my custom Linux 2.6.11 kernel .config to
dist/install/boot/config-2.6.11-xen0 and ran "make kernels"

then, to check that the newly built linux-2.6.11-xen0 kernel
actually used the options from dist/install/boot/config-2.6.11-xen0 I
ran "make ARCH=xen menuconfig" and noticed that it had not.  This is
critical because I use the XFS filesystem and the default options for
xen do not add support for it.

so i copied my config to linux-2.6.11-xen0/.config and ran "make
ARCH=xen menuconfig", made sure the correct options for XEN were
selected, and then exited.  When I run "make ARCH=xen menuconfig" again
I see that all my options are lost.  Most options are completely
disabled.  For example, ATA support is totally disabled.