[Xen-users] Problems building a xen0 kernel on Suse 9.3 Pro

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Jeffrey Buell" <jbuell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 16:03:13 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 20 May 2005 23:02:46 +0000

I installed Suse 9.3 Pro along with all the kernel tools and sources.  I was
easily able to build a new regular kernel, but not a xen0 kernel.  With
ARCH=xen and using the supplied config file, "make" almost immediately runs
into problems creating links to various asm directories in the kernel/build
dir.  I fixed this by copying all of /usr/src/linux into kernel/build.
Everything then compiled but I got 2 undefined references:  teardown_irq in
ctrl_if_suspend, and kmap_flush_unused in balloon_process.  Presumably there
is no bug since a working xen0 kernel was supplied in the distro.  What do
people do differently when building a xen0 kernel vs. a regular kernel?

Jeff