Re: Most stable distribution for running Xen [Was Re: [Xen-users] mysql & xen - is anyone using this combinationsuccessfully?]

Would you recommend this for dom0 or domU or both?

I have to say we've been using gentoo here for a couple of years on a dozen
live servers without any problems. Portage is great for tracking either
bugfixes or security fixes.

Michael Warner wrote, On 26/05/05 10:09:
> Hi,
>
> Try using a distro thats tested more then gentoo, with gentoo there no
> telling what combination of software is causing a problem. CentOS is
> great (based off of RHE), very stable, otherwise debian is also a great
> choice. I've used xen on both without issues.
>
> -Mike
>
> Paul Laws wrote:

> [snip]

> [snip]
>
> Having had segv problems with mysql over Xen over gentoo, has anyone got
> recommendations for a distro which might do a better job?
>
> Paul.
>
> --
> Paul Laws
> Analyst / Programmer