Re: [Xen-users] vmware inside Xen

> I was not able to find any information on this in the FAQ so I put the
> question here: Is there any known problem running a vmware inside Xen?

It's not possible, at least for now: guest systems (things which run
on top of Xen) need to be modified.

The only ways this could work are:

  1. VMware release a special version of their software which can
     run on Xen; not that likely I'd guess, though obviously up to
     them.

  2. You use the new hardware features announced by Intel ("VT-x") or
     AMD ("Pacifica") to fully virtualize VMware. This will probably
     work just fine, but you'll need to wait until you can get your
     hands on the new chips...

In the meantime, you might try using 'wine' under xenlinux, or else
trying 'qemu'.

cheers,

S.