Re: [Xen-users] xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open /dev/tty0 (No such file or directory)

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 08:58:45AM +0100, Stewart Outram wrote:
> Thanks Mark
> >
> > You could run "vncserver" directly (which will start an X server with a
> > virtual displayitself).
>
> I installed tinyvnc into both the domainU and the domain0. Started
> "vncserver :1" in domainU and "vncviewer 10.0.0.2:1" and that worked.
> >
> > To use "ssh -X" you don't need to startx first.  Just run "ssh -X" then
> > when
> > you're logged in, run "xterm".  If that doesn't work, post the error
> > message.
> >
> ssh -X 10.0.0.2 followed by xterm did not work.
>
> Error :-
> stewart@localhost stewart $ xterm
> xterm Xt error: Can't open display:
> xterm:  DISPLAY is not set

My x11forwarding-enabled SSH-setup sets DISPLAY automagically, so I assume
you don't have enabled the neccessary options for that?
Check your server or client site /etc/ssh/ssh*_config files for that.
I have enabled x11F in both the server and the client iirc, but I don't
know exactly which one is neccessary ;-)