Re: [Xen-users] Xen DomU + iptables

Andrew Turnbull wrote:

Hi there

Sorry really rookie question, but all I have is the Xen-2.0 dir I dont
have the source xen kernel anywhere at least not the domU.

where do I get that from ?

If you get the installer from
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/downloads.html, it will
be UNDER the xen-2.0 dir. Something like xen-2.0/linux-2.6.11-xenU.

As for getting modules, you should copy /lib/modules/2.6.11.10-xenU/
(assuming you use Xen-2.0.6) from you dom-0 (e.g. physical host) to your
dom-U filesystem.

Personally I prefer Frieder's way, compile everything that I need in
dom-U built-in into the kernel, not as modules. I also use symbolic
links to specify the kernel for domU, e.g. something like this on a
domain's config file :

kernel="/etc/xen/kernel/linux"

and /etc/xen/kernel/linux is a symbolic link to linux-2.6.11-xenU-HS20
(I use my own dom-U kernel).

That way a kernel (or Xen) upgrade is simply a matter of changing the
symlink in dom0 and rebooting domU as necessary, without having to touch
domU's filesystems.

Regards,

Fajar