Re: [Xen-users] vif interfaces drop packets

In other words, routing rather than bridging may be advisable?  Routers at least
have queues and are designed to handle these sorts of situations, right?  At the
very least, Linux QoS principles could be applied on dom0 to prioritize packet
flow to the more critical domU's...

Perhaps this would help... I will try to test it after the weekend. The routing process might notice that the
interface (queue) is full and would queue the packets in its own router queues... priotization might be helpful
aswell. BTW tc works on a bridged vif, too.... I will give it both a try on monday. Did you find any more infos on the
routing setup for xen?
PS: What type of applications do you run on the productive xen machines?
What is your overall experience (beside the network issue ;-)) ?

It's quickly becoming one of those "how did I live without this software" pieces of
software.  ...And I'll happily go on all day about it. :)

That's good to hear. We are planning to use it for ftp server, nntp host, smtp mailing and perhaps http proxy. I think
only for the last one the packet loss could be a problem because of direct user interaction... but hey, it's internet: packet
loss is normal ;-))

Torsten