Re: [Xen-users] New user question...

>         I am trying to run a simple ttylinux as a domU
>         ( from sf.net/xen )

OK.

>         /etc/xen/ttyconf looks like what the Xen 2.0 documentation
>         suggests
>
>         kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4xenU"
>         memory = 64
>         name = "ttylinux"
>         nics=1ip="1.2.3.4"
>         disk=['file:/tftpboot,sda1,w'] .................#the Xen doc
>         says /path/to/ttylinux/rootfs
>         root="/dev/sda1 ro"
>
>         [root@localhost tftpboot]# xm create ttyconf1 -c vmid=2
>         Using config file "/etc/xen/ttyconf1".
>         Error: Error creating domain: vbd: Segment not found:
>         uname=file:/tftpboot
>
>         i untarred the ttylinux.bz2 in the empty tftpboot directory (not
>         for any particular reason)
>         [root@localhost ~]# ls /tftpboot
>         bin  dev  etc  init  lib  linux-install  loopfs  proc  sbin  sys
>         sysroot  ttylinux

Are you sure the tftpboot directory was empty?  ttylinux.bz2 is not a tar
file, just a compressed file - all it should have left behind it the file
"ttylinux".  I don't know where the other directories came from :-)

The file: directive needs to point to the disk file itself, not to a
directory.  Could you please try:
disk=['file:/tftpboot/ttylinux,sda1,w']

Let us know how you get on!

Cheers,