Re: [Xen-users] New user question...

I am running on a 2.6.12 xen0 FC4 build kernel, this is my first day with xen and :

I am trying to run a simple ttylinux as a domU
( from sf.net/xen )

/etc/xen/ttyconf looks like what the Xen 2.0 documentation suggests

kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4xenU"
memory = 64
name = "ttylinux"
nics=1ip="1.2.3.4"
disk=['file:/tftpboot,sda1,w'] .................#the Xen doc says /path/to/ttylinux/rootfs
root="/dev/sda1 ro"

[root@localhost tftpboot]# xm create ttyconf1 -c vmid=2
Using config file "/etc/xen/ttyconf1".
Error: Error creating domain: vbd: Segment not found: uname=file:/tftpboot

i untarred the ttylinux.bz2 in the empty tftpboot directory (not for any particular reason)

[root@localhost ~]# ls /tftpboot
bin  dev  etc  init  lib  linux-install  loopfs  proc  sbin  sys  sysroot  ttylinux

what is that i need to change ..the domU is from an FC4 Rpm and i have not been able to run from a physical device as root fs either ,the kernel starts booting and stops at freeing unused memory..156K..which from the FAQ i saw was related to initrd could not fix it that way.....so just waiting for help

Digz