Re: Spam:*, [Xen-users] Problem with XEN and CONFIG_XEN_PHYSDEV_ACCESS

Hi Sebastion,

Sebastian Roesner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem using CONFIG_XEN_PHYSDEV_ACCESS. I want to access a
> network adapter directly from a Domain != 0 (Router domain). So I enabled
> CONFIG_XEN_PHYSDEV_ACCESS and PCI support in the kernel. But then I
> can't start the domain anymore, even if I don't select any hardware
> driver in the kernel config.
>
> My .config-File for the Domain can be found at
> http://sr.dyndns.org/~sroesner/config-physdev

you need all the following options set to y for your router domain

# CONFIG_XEN_PRIVILEGED_GUEST is not set
CONFIG_XEN_PHYSDEV_ACCESS=y
# CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_BACKEND is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_BACKEND is not set

> -- xen config file --
> kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11-xenU-router"
> memory = 64
> name = "Router"
> nics=0
> disk = [ 'file:/vm/router,sda1,w' ]
> root = "/dev/sda1 ro"
> -- /xen config file --

you need a pci statement in there describing your network card, like:
pci = ['x,y,z']

where you have a matching stanza on your kernel line
in grub/menu.lst to hide the device from dom0
physdev_dom0_hide=(x:y.z)

Marcus.