Re: [Xen-users] help boot ing xen

> > This is strange because I already renamed this item.  I did a  ‘Whereis’
> > and a ‘Find’, and found another copy of it in /usr/bin and renamed that.
> >  When the error message continued, I just deleted them out of
> > desperation and I still get the same error.  Does anyone know what might
> > be cause this error even though TLS was removed?  Thank you.
>
> Depends on the distribution you're using. You didn't mention which one.
> I know FC4 has no /lib/tls, because the libraries in /lib are the
> TLS/NPTL enabled ones. I know it's something RPM-based, and recent (uses
> udev).

FC4's libc (I think) understands when it's running on Xen and automagically
disables TLS...  If you're running a distro where direct seg refs are
sometimes used directly in applications (Gentoo...  others?) that would make
XenLinux complain even if tls is disabled.  Don't worry too much, though -
it'll still run (maybe a bit slower, depending on how ofter the direct seg
refs are used).

Cheers,
Mark