Re: [Xen-users] Fc4 console woes and /lib/tls

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 10:38:52AM -0400, Rik van Riel wrote:
> > Doesn't FC4's glibc do something sensible when running on Xen anyhow (as it
> > does when running on a 2.4 kernel?).  Rik, care to clarify for us? :-)
>
> Yes.  The VDSO page in FC4 contains an ELF note that tells
> glibc to use the libc variant that does explicit address
> calculations instead of using negative segment offsets.

Then is it normal that the "OMG TLS hack enabled" splash comes up when
I boot FC4 in a domU? As I've mentioned previously, I've tried both the
i386 and i686 variant glibc packages, and I still get it (even tried
explicitly adding the "nosegneg" dir to ld.so.conf - ldd showed binaries
dynamically linking those libs, but still got the warning).

--
Derrik Pates
demon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx