Re: [Xen-users] Trying to build a stable XEN server

> Disable USB in the bios and things will be stable. It is a known problem
> with a number of Dells, but as yet there is no official fix as far as I
> know. Once USB is disabled it'll be solid as a rock.

This is some weird Dell thing; Linux does a workaround to avoid the problem
but it wasn't (originally) available in Xen.  I *thought* that recent
releases would Just Work...

Anyhow, disabling the USB in the BIOS fixes the problem, as does (in Xens with
the fix) adding "noirqbalance" to the command line.

Max: the 2.6 port of Linux is also stable, it's just a matter of preference
really.  Which OS you run in dom0 shouldn't matter for this problem under
2.0.

Cheers,
Mark