Re: [Xen-users] Trying to build a stable XEN server

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 07:43:14PM +0100, Mark Williamson wrote:
> > Disable USB in the bios and things will be stable. It is a known problem
> > with a number of Dells, but as yet there is no official fix as far as I
> > know. Once USB is disabled it'll be solid as a rock.
>
> This is some weird Dell thing; Linux does a workaround to avoid the problem
> but it wasn't (originally) available in Xen.  I *thought* that recent
> releases would Just Work...

FWIW, I'm seeing the same symptoms on an HP DL320 G3 server. When USB is
enabled, the machine locks up frequently on network I/O (even when no
USB-device is connected).

This still happens on xen 2.0.7. With USB disabled, the machine is indeed
rock-solid.  I'm perfectly happy with that as I don't need to connect
USB-devices, but if you need feedback regarding possible fixes, I'll be glad to
help.

Ingo.