Re: [Xen-users] Trying to build a stable XEN server

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 08:23:26AM +0200, Ingo Paschke wrote:
> > This is some weird Dell thing; Linux does a workaround to avoid the problem
> > but it wasn't (originally) available in Xen.  I *thought* that recent
> > releases would Just Work...
>
> FWIW, I'm seeing the same symptoms on an HP DL320 G3 server. When USB is
> enabled, the machine locks up frequently on network I/O (even when no
> USB-device is connected).

Can this be the unfamous IRQ-problem? Please check /proc/interrupts to
see if these devices share the same IRQ.
I can disable eth0 by accessing USB on my nforce3 machine. And, even
worse, wipe data from my SATA disk by putting about one minute of
traffic on eth1...

Stress-test your devices carefully before going into production!

Cheerz, Arie Kraai