Re: [Xen-users] GFS into the kernel.

Mark Williamson wrote:
Does this procedure work for you when compiling a native x86 kernel (i.e. remove the Xenification?).

Thank you for replying.

I did all the steps requoted below except for using mkbuildtree - the .config was the default one for 2.6.12 with DLM and GFS added rather than my Xen .config - but i trust the .config as it's pulled from a working box.

The kernel builds cleanly, but I didn't try booting it (the box is a few miles away).

[...]

 - grabbed Linux 2.6.12 from kernel.org.

 - patched in the -mm2 set for this version (gfs needs the dlm feature
in this patchset.)

 - patched in the gfs stuff from http://redhat.com/~teigland/gfs2

=== missed the below steps
 - used "xen-2.0-testing/linux-2.6-xen-sparse/mkbuildtree" to xenify my
working copy of this kernel.

 - grabbed the /boot/config-2.6.11.10-xen0 file from my Xen host.
Dropped it into the right place to use as a reference point for my new
kernel.

 - edited arch/xen/Kconfig.drivers and added a    source
"drivers/dlm/Kconfig"   line underneath the 'menu' line towards the top
of the file

 - ran  ARCH=xen make menuconfig  and enabled DLM and GFS support.
Sanity checked the rest of the config (e.g. ensured that my network hw
was still listed as supported).

== ran make menuconfig as discussed above and continued below step

 - ran 'make-kpkg --append-to-version=xen0 --revision=ad1 --arch=xen
kernel_image'