Re: [Xen-users] centos guest domain?

Kent Watsen wrote:

I have Xen running on a SuSE-based system with a couple SuSE-based guest domains. Now I'm trying to setup a guest domain based on CentOS 4.1. The instructions on the wiki suggest following the same instructions as for Fedora (http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/DistributionSupport), but the instructions do not work as yum can not find any of the packages xen, kernel-xen0, or kernel-xenU. I posted a query to the CentOS mailing list and was told that Xen has never been part of CentOS and that I should recompile the kernel from the fedora core sources - I'm not sure about this advice...

I've been running Centos 4.1 on top of Xen using the provided 2.6 kernel that comes with 2.0.7. Works just fine with Centos4.1 and RHEL4U1.

Which version of Xen are you trying.

Steve