RE: [Xen-users] Sun and BEA 1.5 64-bit JVMs not happy w/ Xen on x86_64

 > I'm running a SLES9 DomU, with Xen3 changeset 7608.
>
> Both BEA's JRockit 25.2.0-jdk1.5.0_03-linux-x64 and Sun's
> jdk-1_5_0_05-linux-amd64 fail, receiving ENOMEM when trying
> to anonymously mmap memory to use [after a number of
> successful allocations]. This happens even when running
> something as simple as "java -version". The DomU in question
> has 1GB RAM and 4GB swap available for its use and is running
> no substantial other processes.
>
> This issue does not occur when running 32-bit JVMs, even
> within the exact same 64-bit DomU.

Please can you give us a recipe for provoking the bug using the sun jvm
(or better, a little program that just does the mmap).

[or are you saying that just running 'jave -version' a bunch of times
causes the issue? ]

When the machine is in the sick state, the output of 'free', 'ps auxw'
an 'cat /proc/slabinfo' may be useful.

Thanks,
Ian