Re: [Xen-users] Re: 3.0 7608 Migration fails

On Nov 18 2005 Dirk Estreng <dirk.estreng@xxxxxx> wrote:

>  <Peter.Weiss <at> ConSol.de> writes:
>

>> On Nov 17 2005 Peter Weiss <Peter.Weiss <at> consol.de> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I'm runnning xen-3.0_7608-2.1 on an Opensuse installation. I've seen the
>> > thread before on this and enabled
>> >
>> >     (xend-address '')
>> >     (xend-relocation-address '')
>> >
>> > in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp.
>> >
>> > But migration still does not work. If I try to migrate a domain it vanishes
>> > from the xm list but is somehow still alive (it's pingable but stops and
>> > refuses ssh connections).
>
> Hi,
>
> sorry this is no answer to your question but instead another question. Did you
> experience any networking problems with these xen rpms (xen-3.0_7608-2.1)?
>
> Did networking in domU work out of the box?
>
> On my OpenSUSE installation using the same rpms xen works but I get no vifX.X
> in
> dom0 resulting in not having network ind the domU.
>
> [...]

Hi,

no, on my site there were no problems so far. Just downloaded Opensuse 10
CD's, installed and patched them. After that I installed the 7608 rpms. The
next reboot started Dom0 with full network support.

Be sure to disable powersaved and enable xend as described on:

http://www.opensuse.org/Installing_Xen3

the Installation with yast dirinstall did not work for me. I just copied the
existing distribution.

Hth -- Peter

--
Peter.Weiss@xxxxxxxxx                         ConSol* Software GmbH
Phone  +49 89 45841-100                       Consulting & Solutions