[Xen-users] MegaRAID driver on domain 0

Hello,

I'm trying to install Xen3 on a server, but I can't make the MegaRAID
driver work.

I've installed Debian Sarge, the stock kernel (2.6.8.2) works perfectly
with the hardware. The SCSI RAID driver is megaraid.

Hardware is :

- IBM eServer xSeries 330 server
- Dell PowerEdge RAID II controller

I've recompiled the xen dom0 kernel (2.6.12.6) to include the legacy
megaraid driver instead of the new one. Now, the server freezes when
booting (and reboots within minutes); the last lines displayed are
these ones :

megaraid: ABORTING-1 cmd=12 <c=0 t=0 l=0>
megaraid: ABORTING-1[d7] fw owner

The default xen kernel doesn't boot either, it doesn't recognize the
megaraid controller.

Is anybody able to help me ? Thanks !

NB : Before having the hardware RAID controller, I installed Xen3 with
software RAID on the same hardware (with an Adaptec aic7xxx), it worked
very well.

Regards,

--
Société Adelux -  http://www.adelux.fr
Sébastien Munch - Sécurité des systèmes d'information