Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3 RPM Release on CentOS 4.2

  • From: Tim Wood <twwood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:54:03 -0500
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:55:41 +0000

Hi,
This may be an obvious question, but how do I build unpriveliged domain kernels after install xen as described above?  Previously I had installed Xen 2.0 on a different system from source which produced domain0 and domainU kernels.  With the above install script it only produces the domain0 kernel.  Do I need to obtain the xen 3 source and build domainU kernels from that?  My xen 2 kernels don't work with xen 3.

Thanks for any help (clearly I'm new...)
Tim

On 12/5/05, Michael Best <mbest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Aaron // LT wrote:
> As Xen 3 has just been released I decided to test the binary/RPM
> releases used for RHEL 4.1 for CentOS 4.2.  I had to make a few
> modifications to the install scripts to get working.  I have made a
> modification to the script, and provided a download for it.
>
> Note: The script has been modified to download the binaries from our
> website to alleviate load on the Xensource servers.  This means that the
> files may be slightly out of date when you download this script.
> Installing:
> wget http://www.crucialp.com/xen/xen3/xen-install-centos42
> sh xen-install-centos42 install
>
> Uninstalling:
> sh xen-install-centos42 uninstall
>
> Only limited testing has been done by www.crucialp.com , and we provide
> no guarantee it will work.
>
> Hope this helps.

We rebuilt the 4.2 Centos glibc with the -mno-tls-direct-seg-refs

For now these packages "xen.0.c4" are available at:
http://www.karan.org/mock/Xen/i386/

-Mike