Re: [Xen-users] xend http interface

  • To: veillard@xxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Anand <xen.mails@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 19:40:42 +0530
  • Cc: Jean-David Silberzahn <jds@xxxxxxxxxx>, Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 14:15:47 +0000

>The simplest way is probably to read the xend source code to get
>an exhaustive list, the problem is that as long as it's not
>'officially' documented, I'm afraid you can have garantee that
>the interface or its semantic won't change.

This is what i fear about. If the specs change after i have used them in my application, it would be a disaster. Looks like i would be better off creating my own interface even for that matter, it will take some time, however can gurantee that specs won't change.

>  Anthony Liguori also suggested last month the possibility to add an
>XML-RPC interface, which would certainly make it easier to use in a
>variety of environments (at the expense of slightly more CPU usage I
>guess) and feel more confident about this being a supported interface.

That would be really nice, ofcourse as you said on the expense of slight cpu power. However for that flexibility many people might consider the cpu power less expensive ;)

regards,

Anand