Re: [Xen-users] xend http interface

Anand a écrit :

>If you try from a web-browser it's normal :) try to do it with a simple
>network client (like telnet) :
>telnet xenserver 8000
>GET /xend/domain HTTP/1.1

>will return you a list like this (dom0 domain-name1 domain-name2 ......)
>AND
>telnet xenserver 8000
>GET /xend/domain/?detail=1 HTTP/1.1

>will return you a list like this
>((domain (domid 0)(uuid ......) .......)(domain (domid 1)............))
>It's just because your browser puts a header like this : Accept:
>text/html that makes xend recognize it as a browser and not another client

Thanks, worked as you said.

> op=cpu_sedf_set&latency=nnn
> &slice=nnn&period=nnn&weight=nnn&extratime=n
> : réglage des paramètres sedf (xm sched-sedf)

    Sorry i wrote it into french, cpu_sedf_set (and get too) is
    related to
    cpu time scheduling for the domain and the different parameters are
    quickly explained on xen wiki :
    http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Scheduling (in the section
sedf-scheduler)

I tried understanding from the wiki, however didn't understand, thats why i asked. If its possible for you to explain perhaps with an example, i will really appreciate it.

regards,
Anand

Basically xen's SEDF Scheduler enables you to be certain that a given domain has slice nanoseconds cpu during period nanoseconds. The domain can use less cpu (if he did not need as much cpu).

Typically a domain on which you ran the command
xm sched-sedf dom-name 5000000 1000000 0 0 0 : has the right to use 1ms of cpu every 5 ms at most, and if it need it, it is certain to have 1ms every 5ms xm sched-sedf dom-name 5000000 1000000 0 1 0 : dom-name can use 1ms every 5ms at least (if domain needs to be active) and can use more if others domain don't need the cpu

Playing with this scheduler makes you possible
- Without ExtraTime : to say that a given domain is active at least x nanoseconds every y nanoseconds
where y is the period you specified
and x is the minimum between the slice you allow to the domain and the time needed by the domain (not totally certain)

- With ExtraTime : to say that a given domain is active at most x nanoseconds every y nanoseconds where x is the minimum between the slice you allow and the time needed by the domain

What I don't know is how this scheduler acts in smp mode (smp domU) ...

regards,

--
Jean-David Silberzahn

ADVISEO