Re: [Xen-users] xend http interface

  • To: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Anand <xen.mails@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 23:13:29 +0530
  • Cc: Jean-David Silberzahn <jds@xxxxxxxxxx>, Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 17:48:37 +0000

Dear Anthony,

I looked at http://hg.codemonkey.ws/libxend, looks real nice. Is it complete ?

If i may ask what other work you are doing on xen ? I see xenfs there as well. I hope you won't mind sharing about your work.

And thanks for the pointer to XendClient.py.

On 1/2/06, Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anand wrote:

> Dear Jean,
>
> Thanks a lot for the help.
>
> Is there some kind of documentation for the complete list of commands
> for http interface ? Alternatively if you have the list and
> explanation i would very appreciate if you can post it here.

http://hg.codemonkey.ws/libxend

Is pretty close to exhaustive except for scheduler operations and VNET
operations.  Check out XendClient.py, that's the closest thing to a full
list.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

> On 1/2/06, *Jean-David Silberzahn* <jds@xxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:jds@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Anand a écrit :
>
>     > While going through the manual i came to know that xend has an http
>     > interface which can be used to interact with xen. However
>     searching on
>     > the lists and googling only resulted in 3-4 posts on the devel list
>     > which still didn't have any information on the same.
>     >
>     > Is anyone using it ... ?
>
>     We are using this interface to control the xend daemon. With this
>     interface, you can do quite everything you can with the xm tool.
>     For example to destroy a domain, you can do a HTTP POST request on
>     this
>     url :
>     http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/domain-name
>     with parameter
>     op=destroy
>     To create a domainU, you can do a POST request on this url :
>     http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/
>     with parameter
>     op=create&config=s-_expression_
>     s-_expression_ is the xen configuration format (you can look at it
>     making
>     a xm list -l for example)
>     To list started domains :
>     http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/
>     or
>     http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/?detail=1
>     <http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/?detail=1>
>
>     The http server don't exactly map xm commands however : to boot a new
>     server, you have 2 or 3 operations to do when using the http server :
>     create, wait_for_devices and unpause
>
>     The xend HTTP interface is accessible via a TCP socket or via an Unix
>     socket (way used by xm in xen-3.0)
>

> regards,
>
> Anand

regards,