Re: [Xen-users] xend http interface

Anand wrote:

Dear Anthony,

I looked at http://hg.codemonkey.ws/libxend, looks real nice. Is it complete ?

Just missing a few functions to access the VCPU information.. I have no plans to implement an interface to VNET.

I'm hoping it can be used as a backend for libvir. If you haven't checked libvir out, you should.

If i may ask what other work you are doing on xen ? I see xenfs there as well. I hope you won't mind sharing about your work.

Oh, I've got a fair bit of hg repositories there. xenfs is a FUSE filesystem that exposes a /proc like interface for Xen.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

And thanks for the pointer to XendClient.py.

On 1/2/06, *Anthony Liguori* <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Anand wrote:

    > Dear Jean,
    >
    > Thanks a lot for the help.
    >
    > Is there some kind of documentation for the complete list of
    commands
    > for http interface ? Alternatively if you have the list and
    > explanation i would very appreciate if you can post it here.

    http://hg.codemonkey.ws/libxend

    Is pretty close to exhaustive except for scheduler operations and VNET
    operations.  Check out XendClient.py, that's the closest thing to
    a full
    list.

    Regards,

    Anthony Liguori

    <mailto:jds@xxxxxxxxxx>
    > <mailto:jds@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jds@xxxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:
    >
    >     Anand a écrit :
    >
    >     > While going through the manual i came to know that xend
    has an http
    >     > interface which can be used to interact with xen. However
    >     searching on
    >     > the lists and googling only resulted in 3-4 posts on the
    devel list
    >     > which still didn't have any information on the same.
    >     >
    >     > Is anyone using it ... ?
    >
    >     We are using this interface to control the xend daemon. With
    this
    >     interface, you can do quite everything you can with the xm tool.
    >     For example to destroy a domain, you can do a HTTP POST
    request on
    >     this
    >     url :
    >     http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/domain-name
    >     with parameter
    >     op=destroy
    >     To create a domainU, you can do a POST request on this url :
    >     http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/
    >     with parameter
    >     op=create&config=s-expression
    >     s-expression is the xen configuration format (you can look
    at it
    >     making
    >     a xm list -l for example)
    >     To list started domains :
    >     http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/
    >     or
    >     http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/?detail=1
    >     <http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/?detail=1>
    >
    >     The http server don't exactly map xm commands however : to
    boot a new
    >     server, you have 2 or 3 operations to do when using the http
    server :
    >     create, wait_for_devices and unpause
    >
    >     The xend HTTP interface is accessible via a TCP socket or
    via an Unix
    >     socket (way used by xm in xen-3.0)
    >

    > regards,
    >
    > Anand