Re: AW: AW: [Xen-users] Fibre Channel Problem MORE INFO!!!!!!

DIEDERIT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

In /sys/class/scsi_host/ I just have host1 and host2.
What does this mean?!?!

It means you have 2 scsi hosts.

Is this equal to [root@ingcsmdb02 ~]# hp_rescan -l
 /proc/scsi/qla2xxx/0
 /proc/scsi/qla2xxx/1

Yes, I believe it is. Your RHEL kernel is an older release than your Xen kernel. Older kernels showed information for QLA cards in the /proc/scsi/qla2xxx/ directory (cat the files in there for details). Newer kernels do not appear to present QLogic information via /proc/scsi/qla2xxx ... instead "cat /sys/class/scsi_host/*/isp_name", if you see ISP2312 then those are your QLogic cards and they are there and working. You can also do what John Little suggested to see if your QLA cards are functional (see his email).

There is a good chance that the hp/qlogic utilities you are using will not work with the newer kernel ... they probably expect /proc/scsi/qla2xxx/* to be present and as far as I can tell it is not.

What do you mean with "make sure that you are running the -xen version of
the kernel, not the -dom0!??!"

My Xen build process created 3 kernels:

  /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12.6-xen
  /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12.6-xen0
  /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12.6-xenU

I use vmlinuz-2.6.12.6-xen not vmlinuz-2.6.12.6-xen0 to boot dom0, -xen seems to include many more drivers. It doesn't sound like this is your issue though, it sounds more like your QLogic drivers are actually built in already (compiled in, not modular).