[Xen-users] Re: multiple disk images, how to?

Fernando Maior wrote:
Good to know about xm create --dryrun command and its output.
Yet, I did not realize big differences between the two of them,
it seems to me they are roughly the same...

SXPs are data rather than code. They're easier to build a minimalistic parser for and safer for 3rd-party tools to handle (and *much* easier to build a GUI editor for).

Validating them to be sure values aren't redefined (as you suggested earlier) is much more straightforward than with handling Python code -- indeed, with SXPs that's something which could be put directly into the parser (whereas with the Python code the parser is the Python interpreter itself, which isn't trivial to modify).