Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0, setting up a virtual network with NAT

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 10:33:11PM +0100, CJ van den Berg wrote:
> Then let Xen do the rest. Don't worry if your dhcp server refuses to start.
> That's because it doesn't have any addresses to serve. Xen will add a
> static IP assignment to the dhcpd.conf file for each domU that is created
> and restart the dhcp server.
>
> I have also made several enhancements to my local vif-nat so that a dns
> server is also updated dynamically for each created domU, which allows me to
> use hostnames when communicating from one domU to another. So I never have
> to figure out what IP address a domU has.

Thanks for this description.  These sorts of messages should be in the
official documentation!

The problem I have which prevents me from using dynamically assigned
IP addresses is I want incoming connections to be diverted to known
domU's.  If the domU's IP addresses change, then that is considerably
more difficult.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.