Re: [Xen-users] xen 3.0.1 networking fails.

Am Samstag, 4. Februar 2006 16:27 schrieb Dominic Hargreaves:
> On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 03:06:39PM +0000, Steve Kemp wrote:
> >   Using the latest packages by Ralph Passgang for Debian Sid
> >  my virtula machines suddenly have no networking access.
> >
> >   Upon the guest systems there is an error bringing up eth0
> >  which wasn't present previously.  Has something changed wrt
> >  to networking devices?
>
> I'm seeing this too using upgrading from the precompiled 3.0.0 packages
> to the precompiled 3.0.1 packages from the Xen web site. I also saw the
> same when compiling 3.0.1 from source. Bog standard configuration with
> domU eth0 bridged onto the physical ethernet interface, no changes to
> the networking scripts. dom0 and domU are both Debian Sarge.
>
> That's all very vague as I haven't done any investigation yet - but
> another data point perhaps.

yes, it is... you said that you used another packages then steve, so it seems
to be more an upstream problem then a package problem. Debian Sarge is frozen
and hasn't changed, so that can not be the problem at all, even if you and
steve have this problems on debian sarge. I got 3 recent sarge boxes using
xen 3.0.1 without this problem.

--Ralph