Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0 on OpenSUSE 10.0

On Saturday 11 March 2006 13:25, Arjen Runsink wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> On Saturday 11 March 2006 13:10, Steve Higton wrote:
> > > Works here
> >
> > How did you install Xen 3.0 in OpenSUSE 3.0?  Did you install the kraxel
> > rpms?
>
> I have used both the one which come with the install media and later
> switched to kraxel's

I meant garloff, ofcourse, not kraxel.

> > Also, could you tell me what you have in the /etc/udev/rules.d
> > and /etc/hotplug directories please?  I think I may be missing some files
> > from one or both of those directories.
>
> The hotplug referred to in the error is not from those, but from the xen
> scripts,  I think.
>
> Mentioning udev, there is something to pay attention to for suse as a domU:
> http://en.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Installing_Xen3&diff=15145&oldid=132
>74

I've checked the link you menioned above.  The xen guest config file I've been
using contains a MAC address for the domU guest which should prevent the
problem with udev.

I used the Virtual Machine Installation (Xen) method, rather than than the
yast2 dirinstall method.  I don't see how that would make a difference
though?

> I have experimented with the networking in xen in the past weeks and recall
> that I did get this error when the vif could not be attached to the bridge.

Can you remember what you did to fix the error?