Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0 on OpenSUSE 10.0

On Saturday 11 March 2006 10:10, Arjen Runsink wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 11 March 2006 01:40, Steve Higton wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me if they've succeeded in getting Xen 3.0 to work on
> > OpenSUSE 10.0 please?
>
> Works here

How did you install Xen in OpenSUSE 10.0?  Did you use the kraxel rpms?

Whilst googling for a solution I found several references to hotplug scripts
and udev.  Can you tell me what files you have in your /etc/hotplug
and /etc/udev/rules.d directories please?

> > I've installed the latest rpms by kraxel but
> > whenever I start a DomU I get the following error:
> > Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not
> > working.
>
> I never worked with 2.0 which you mention later, but I think there have
> been some changes to the scripts. So you migt need to apply your settings
> to the newer xend config file and change your domU preferences file.
>
> BB, Arjen

Thanks for taking the time to reply. :-)

Steve.