[Xen-users] migrating ballooned domains

I'd like to shrink a domain using the balloon driver, and migrate that
shrunk domain to a small host.   When I try this, xend on the destination host
fails with
        File
"/usr/research/proj/xen/xen-3.0-testing.hg/dist/install/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/balloon.py",
 line 120, in free
     raise VmError('The privileged domain did not balloon!')

This error is due to the destination xend trying to create a domain
of the original size, rather than allocating just the shurnk size.
I can successfully migrate a domain created small enough to fit on the
destination host at the domain's original size.

Is this a fundamental issue, or just a bug in xend?   I'm still scarred
from the last time I hunted through the xend python so I have not actually
tried to run this down this myself.