Re: [Xen-users] Intel VT-x resources & supported processors

I wrote:

Intel processors that support virtualization in hardware:

1) Pentium D 900 series (not the 800 series)

http://www.intel.com/products/processor/pentium_D/index.htm

2) Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 955 and 965 (not 840)

http://www.intel.com/products/processor/pentiumXE/index.htm

OK, a couple more:

3) Pentium 4 supporting Hyper Threading 662 & 672 only

http://www.intel.com/products/processor/pentium4/index.htm

The Pentium 4 web site doesn't say anything about VT. But, the product comparison chart does:

http://www.intel.com/products/processor_number/index_view_p4.htm

4) Intel Xeon processor 7000 series

http://www.intel.com/products/processor/xeon/index.htm

I saw on theregister.com that the Pentium D 920 will not be upgraded to the new C-1 (Conroe) core, which will feature reduced power consumption. But, the rest of the Pentium D line up will. Also, theregister.com is predicting deep price cuts in the Pentium D line in April:

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/03/21/intel_q3_desktop_cpu_price_cuts/

I think this is the complete line of Pentium processors that support VT technology. I'll build a Xen wiki page for this information this weekend.

-- Randy