Re: [Xen-users] Running other distros as domu under FC5/Xen 3.x

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 08:35:30PM +0800, Srinivasan S wrote:
> Hi Andrew
>
> I tried as you suggested .. but since 2.6.16-xen does not exist under Suse
> depmod complained and when I created the dir and reran depmod it just created
> empty files (since there are no modules anyway I guess) ..

Now that you've created the base modules directory, that particular error
shouldn't show up any more.

If you plan to use any modules that you've compiled, copy the
/lib/modules/your_kernel_name>/kernel folder from your dom0 to your domU and
rerun depmod. I *think* that should allow modprobe to find and load them. (Some
help here if I'm wrong, please. I generally compile what I need into the kernel
and ignore modules.)

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/