[Xen-users] help Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connect.

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Velazquez, Jesus" <jesus.velazquez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 14:47:46 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 14:48:26 -0700

Hi guys:

Using Xen 3.0.2, I face the following error when I try to restart a VMX Guest (the first time it boots ok, but after destroy it and try to restart the error appears):

Device 0 (vif) could not be connect. Hotplug scripts not working.

What can be the possible reason of failure, the host base system is a RedHat Enterprise Edition 4 update 2. Xen was build from source.

The vif option for the VMX guest is the following:

vif = [  ‘type=ioemu’, ‘bridge=xenbr0’ ]

The bridge utils are installed and brctl shows the xenbr0 device. What other information do you need to figure out the cause of failure?

Where can I find more information about networking of Xen?

Thanks,

Jesus