Re: [Xen-users] Xen and GFS

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Jim Klein wrote:
Does anyone have any pointers with regard to using Xen and storing VBDs on a GFS volume under dom0? This sounds like it should work well, especially for migrating domains, but it looks as though GFS won't allow a read-write mount of a loop device (file) so I end up with read only VBDs on the SAN, which are obviously useless. Maybe my approach is completely off, but it sounded pretty good up until I discovered the lock problem. FYI, the gfs error when mounting is listed below.

It works fine for me.. on my SAN, I export the shared LUN to all the Xen nodes, and run CLVM on top of it. Then, I export the LV's to the Xen domU's as a virtual drive, and well, use 'em.

Why do you need loop devices and such?