Re: [Xen-users] LVM snapshot and xen stability

Ernst Bachmann wrote:

>Maybe have a look at unionfs, I'm running several domU's mounting their
>(shared) root-fs read-only over NFS, and then build an writable union with a
>seperate vbd in their initrds.

I do a similar thing, but without unionfs.
I use tmpfs for all the directories that have to be read-write (eg.
/dev, /etc), copy their content from the read-only file system to tmpfs
upon the domU startup, and then mount them with "mount --bind" on top
the read-only NFS root image. No issues so far...