Re: [Xen-users] Make both CPUs available to Dom0

joseph kacmarcik wrote:

it must have CONFIG_SMP set since it worked initially until I started messing with vcpu-set / vcpu-pin.

dmesg says:
(XEN) Initializing CPU#0
(XEN) CPU: Trace cache: 12K uops, L1 D cache: 16K
(XEN) CPU: L2 cache: 2048K
(XEN) CPU: Physical Processor ID: 0
(XEN) CPU: Processor Core ID: 0
(XEN) Intel machine check reporting enabled on CPU#0.
(XEN) CPU0: Intel P4/Xeon Extended MCE MSRs (24) available
(XEN) CPU0: Thermal monitoring enabled
(XEN) CPU0: Intel Genuine Intel(R) CPU 2.80GHz stepping 02
(XEN) Brought up 1 CPUs
(XEN) Dom0 has maximum 1 VCPUs

I think this must be some kind of "boot problem": I told Domain0 to use 1 CPU only. I can't tell it to change it because I need Dom0 for this and it is seeing only one cpu...
any more ideas?

if you issue 'xm vcpu-set 0 2' and reboot, do you still only see one cpu?

failing that, i'd be stumped as well. does your lilo/grub kernel line have any options related to xen other than dom0_mem?
tried that but didn't help either...
any more ideas?

thx,
Andrej